Student Leaders Program
The purpose of the Student Leader Program is to involve all students in sharingideas to make our school the best it can be by:
- Promoting responsible citizenship and cooperation
- Fostering respect for all individuals
- Helping to provide a safe environment
- Preparing strong leaders of the future
- Spreading kindness throughout our community!
Student Leader Representatives are expected to be role models of the School Code by:
- Being a good citizen
- Being a hard-working student who strives to do his/her best
- Relating well to other students and adults
- Being an active contributor to the Student Leadership Team
- Dedicated to participate in at least 1 hour per month of community service outside of Student Leaders (This can be done at EES or in the community.)
Representatives will be selected from a pool of interested 5th and 6th grade students who have written a letter of interest with a parent signature.
These representatives will be chosen in accordance to the above expectations. We expect that there will be many students who will be interested and meet the criteria; however, for program effectiveness, we are limited to selecting 15 representatives from 5th and 6th grade. If we have more than 15 students who meet these criteria, students will be randomly chosen from the qualified pool of applicants.
Student Leader Meeting will be held in Mrs. VanderMale’s 6th grade classroom from 3-4pm on the following Wednesdays. Students should be picked up in the Art Gallery promptly at 4pm.
October 15th and 22nd
January 7th and 21st
February 4th and 18th
March 4th and 18th
April 1st and 29th
May 6th and 20th
The attached Student Leaders Interest Form needs to be returned to Mrs. VanderMale by September 30th. NO INTEREST FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE 30th .